Hollywood themes are always a popular idea for Prom night. But if a red carpet theme seems a little cliche, use some of these new ideas to liven up this popular Prom theme idea.
Think Old Hollywood
The 1930s and 1940s were the Golden Age of Hollywood that gave us many legendary movies and actors. Bring Old Hollywood back to life with your Hollywood Prom. This all about high class glam. Use some of the following ideas:
- Crystal goblets with fancy feathers for table centerpieces
- Black, white and silver for a color scheme
- Screen an old Hollywood black and white movie on a bare wall
- Decorate with gilded frames
- Use legendary actors as photo ops, like Marilyn Monroe or Humphrey Bogart
- Fold napkins to resemble an awards envelope
- Hollywood is all about movie-making, so provide flavored popcorn
- Hand out VIP and backstage passes as favors
- Use director chairs as decorations
Give your Prom menu a fancy makeover to match your Hollywood Prom theme. Instead of regular chocolate-covered strawberries, create a tuxedo design. Wrap hot dogs in white and black napkins for an awards night tuxedo look. Or create cupcakes that look like a box of popcorn. See photos of these ideas on our Pinterest board.
Anyone will tell you, that inner beauty is more important, but to hundreds of teenage girls, getting ready for Prom is about outer beauty, too. From their updo to their gown and shoes, looking like a celebrity is key. Check out our Pinterest board for makeup tips, hairdo ideas, and even Old Hollywood inspiration for their Prom gowns.
Which ideas will you use for your Hollywood Prom theme? Share with us.