There is no shortage of fabulous, elegant, and innovative ideas for fancy Prom tables these days. From the basics (table covers, runners, skirts, and chair covers) to the extravagant accessories, there are lots of incredible ideas out there for Prom table decorations. Use our list of 34 decorating ideas to create Prom tables that reflect your Prom theme and look amazing.
Prom Table Decorations: The Basics
Begin your Prom table decorating with basic must-haves for Prom tables and displays, like the ones listed below. These will be the base of your Prom table displays, so make smart choices that reflect your Prom theme and/or colors. For instance, instead of typical table covers, choose a “fun,” textured decorating fabric like spangle fabric for a Hollywood theme, or glitter organza for a Vegas theme. (Other textured fabrics include flocked or engraved fabrics, zig zag fabrics, wavy satin, and petal taffeta.)
1. Table Covers
4. Table Skirts
5. Chair Covers
Prom Table Decorations: Accessories
Once you have the Prom table decorating basics, the fun begins because you get to choose your table accessories. Many schools like to create super fancy displays. While there are many decorating table accessories out there (see the long list below for evidence), your Prom tables can be as embellished as you want them to be. And, though may sound repetitive, the best advice we can give regarding table accessories is to select items that match your Prom theme.
3. Centerpiece lights for a dramatic effect
11. Water Beads or Fake Gems for containers
14. Rose petals
17. Rose garland
18. Boston ferns
20. Fiber optics
21. LED candles
Prom Table Decorations: Other Ideas
Basic table decorations and accessories will go a long way in creating table displays. However, there are other unique ideas to complete the elegant or trendy look. Check out some of these ideas.
1. String some Mini Lights under a layer of fabric for a light-up table skirt
3. Add Green Garlands or Red Rose Garlands to your chairs to match a garden Prom theme
4. Wrap a Metallic Curtain around your table and trim it (matches a Las Vegas theme)
5. Order lots of Tulle in different colors (purple, green, blue, red, yellow, orange) and create a rainbow/circus effect around the table edge for a skirt to match a carnival Prom theme
6. Drape lengths of crystal bead garland over table skirts
7. Add fabric brooches to fabric table skirts for a “quilted” or fancy look
We hope your creative wheels are turning. With all of these Prom decorating ideas as inspiration, you’re sure to find the perfect combination to create your own unique table displays.
Like the ideas featured here? Shop promnite.com now for all your Prom table decorations and much more!